Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Yay For General Conference!

Kia Ora!
 
Ahh, we FINALLY got to watch General Conference! Loved it. It's always over too fast. I remember thinking how Conference used to go on for.ev.ver. Especially Saturday, I remember thinking who in their right mind wants to watch it on Saturdays? Moms do. That's who. Haha. Glad things have changed. Some of my favorites were Pres. Eyring's. It was so humbling to hear about him and Pres Kimball ASKING for trials, and here I am, things are not going too great at all. LOTS to improve on. Our investigators are dropping like flies and not happy about it, but during that talk I was really able to feel Heavenly Father's love for me and this is a growing experiece and I have something I need to learn, but I just want to learn it already! Oh, I have a long way to go with patience. I also loved Elder Scott's becuase he said INAPPROPRIATE loud laughter offends the Spirit, haha, it just made me feel SO much better. More than once on my mission I have gotten comments about my loud laughter and was really struggling for a while because that's just me and felt like I couldn't be me, but it's just inappropriate laughter. I'm not laughing during Sacrament Meeting or any thing like that. Haha, I also loved the rest of his talk, but I definitely need to go back to hear it again. Some funny things I noticed: President Uchtdorf had a different tie every session. I promise I was listening to Conference and not just noticing everyone's ties, but his were quite noticeable because they seemed extra colorful for a member of the first presidency or quorum of the twelve. Also seeing the MTC choir: so many button up shirts. Ew. hahaha, I'm awful. But it was funny to see some girls I knew from BYU in the choir.
 
I realized I didn't explain why they broke up our trio: because Sister Joost got a companion. She's from Italy and it's been fun getting to know her, she seems way fun. I don't doubt I'll be companions with her sometime in the future. I think I'll be here at the VC for quite sometime since we're losing VC sisters every transfer and not getting much more in because of visa problems. So glad I got here before the visa problems :)
 
Funny story of the week: One night last week a girl walks in to the VC asking, "Is there a guy named Moe here?" & I had no idea but told her we could go look together (not that the VC is that big) but turns out he was in the Christus room talking to my comp, hahaha, after they met up, we went to the front room and I found out they were there for a blind date! Oh my goodness, they're both in their 30s. She was here from Palmerston North with her stake for the week, he's from Hamilton. We DIED laughing. Oh, too funny. I think I was the first to write a non-spiritual memorable experience in the book of "Memorable Experiences at the Visitors' Centre" haha.
 
A YSA kid from one of my old wards in Hamilton comes to the VC every Thursday night after he goes to the temple, and two weeks ago, he saw us when we were in the trio and said in a trio you have the organized one, you have the partier, and then you have the middle man that brings the two from opposite ends together in the middle. We were kinda saying that I'm the partier (probably b/c I initiated the dance parties to Joseph and the AMazing Technicolor Dreamcoat), Sister Tovale was the middle man, and Sister Joost was the organized one, haha, but really, we all agreed that we all have a little bit of everything. Then when he came again last week and only saw Sister Tovale and I hes said he was sad that they had broken us because he said we were a lot of fun together...haha, we might have had too much fun together. It's too easy to get off topic when you've got three minds going! Especially me. Whoops!
 
Well I loved Conference, like I told mom, I felt like some of the themes were families, our relationships with others and our relationship with Heavenly Father and being diligent in keeping the commandments because the Lord is anxious to help us and so willing to! But maybe the latter is something I really need to hear. Not that I'm being disobedient over here, but I guess just learning to trust the Lord more. My district leader asked me last night if I over think things...I know that's a problem I had before coming out, but I haven't thought of it as a problem since I've gotten out here. Ugh. I just dont' know how to think less about things! My ward mission leader, who is my age, told me yesterday that I stress too much. And I'll be honest, I feel like the biggest message I got from Conference is that I need an attitude adjustment, just to be better about looking for the good in everything and not stressing too much. Ahh, it's just hard when nothing is going as well as it should be! Obviously I still have heaps to learn. Love you all! Have a fantabulous week!
 
Alofa atu,
    Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment