Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthweek to Me!

Definitely not the most exciting birthDAY, but it was probably my most eventful birthWEEK! Not a very exciting p-day, cleaned things up, got pizza and ate by the lake by our original flat, got a deep fried moro bar, heart attack in a bag, but it was so good! ha, Tuesday: I got to see Sister Perry when her area came down for their temple trip, oh my goodness, miss her so much! My birthday: I made banana bread muffins, without a muffin tin, I was half thinking when I was putting the muffins on there, but they were still edible. Sister Tovale and I were out proselyting in the morning, so Sis. Joost was at the VC, and when we came back, they had decorated the kitchen downstairs at the VC, oh and they had made brownies that morning...that I tried not to notice too much, you can only surprise so much when you have to be with someone 24/7. A member from the last ward I was in brought me 3 bags of cadbury & whittakers chocolate, dangerous! And then our meal that night was in Sis. Joost's area, so she made sure she knew it was my birthday, we had dessert there, but then she had also bought a chocolate cake and a bag of lollies for me too, I've never even met her before! But so sweet. Thrusday: We got to go to the temple! Ahh! It was so good to finally be able to go in and over all too fast! Oh, but before we went in, we had a little devotional at the VC, and then we went outside and my mission president had everyone sing happy birthday to me and one of the elders here on a senior mission, always a little awkward in those situations, ha. We had a really good conference after the temple and our mission president's wife talked about how showing gratitude is showing our faith and how we need to be sure to offer gratitude for all the blessings we have! And then in D&C, I think 59:21 or something, can't realy remember, it says how we offend God when we don't thank Him in all things, so it was definitely a good reminder to show more gratitude. Oh, and I got my second birthday package :). Friday: nothing too exciting, and not the most effective time with our appointments, I was a little frustrated. But then Saturday, one of the senior sisters brought me an apple for a birthday present. So yeah, pretty good birthweek!
 
I was frustrated with this week and our low amount of lessons, especially with members present and just didn't feel like it was an effective week and I hate not knowing my area and not knowing what members to call, but Sister Joost had a baptism for her area Saturday night, so we all went to that and it was so good to be there. I just really felt peace and had a good reminder that I still have plenty to be happy about because I have the gospel. Yeah, our numbers were nothign to be proud of last week, but I am still ridiculously happy with where I am right now. So thankful to be serving a mission and so thankful to be serving with Sister Joost and Sister Tovale. We have a lot of fun together, but we especially have a lot of fun listening to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at night. Feels good to get the wiggles out! Ha.
 
I dont' think I've said anything, but US and Candian missionaries aren't able to get their visas right now, so we're like 20 missionaries low. And 7 sisters are going home next transfer and yeah, so many leaving and hardly any coming in. It's definitely hurting us, also our new VC directors haven't come yet. I've heard they've had problems with people posing as senior missionaries, we're getting missionaries from everywhere else, but not the US & Canada. Talking to our mission president at the temple conference about our situation a little bit, I could see how hard things are for him with the whole situation of the mission. Praying that things work out soon! Love you all!
 
Love,
    Sister Mullen
 
PS Our stake is waiting til April 15th to show General Conference, not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment