Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Pi Day! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Happy 26 Days Til My Birthday!

Obviously it's a big week, lots of holidas to celebrate! I was thinking about my Pi Day shirt from last year...yeah, I kinda miss being nerdy, haha. Also crazy to think that this week last year I got my mission call! Time is flying by!
 
We have had a week of miracles and it's been exciting! Long story short, our Bishop's mother-in-law has been coming back from inactivity over the last couple months, and so they've been trying to find her records but couldn't find them, so a "lost record baptism" counts as a convert baptism so we had to go and teach her somethings (that she already knew because she grew up in the church) but after teaching her what she needed to know, we asked why she was waiting to be baptized on the 21st of March, and she said she tries to minmize the dates she has to remember by doing things on relative's birthdays, so we asked her to pray about getting baptized this weekend, and she acutally said a silent prayer (I was really confused and kept peeking around with one eye open) and then after 5 or so minutes, she opened her eyes and said, "Okay, I'll get bapized!" It was neat to see how humble she was and how she received an answer right there!
 
Our baptism this week is Bro. Fatu! I think I've written about him before, his wife is a member and they've been married I think 8 years. The first time I met him (like the first 2 days of me coming to Hamilton) He was not open, he was laughing while he was saying the prayer becuase he felt so dumb talking to himself, so we gave him a bit of space because he wasn't progressing and kept inviting him to church, and after about 6 weeks, he had just completely changed! & it's been cool to hear how the members can see the difference in him as well. last Monday we made a plan for him to quite smoking and he said he would stop by Sunday, but then Thursday night when we talked to him, he said Thursday was going to be his last day. He had just gotten over smoking the last couple of days, and was ready to stop! Yayyy!!! It's been way hard for him the last couple of days, but he's doing great and fighting the cravings! I don't remember when it was, but a while ago, he also randomly told us, "I also know who I want to baptize me." Umm, yes please! It really has been so exciting to see how humble he has become and how he is so willing to live the commandments, and he keeps saying, "It's been too long, I just need to change." And this means he'll be able to baptize his son turning 8 next year. I love it. It's been such a wonderful opportunity to be apart of this baptism that many people have been waiting for for years!
 
Something I really studied this week was Christ's three tempations from Satan while He was in the wilderness, and it just really hit me how if Christ did give in and perform those sins,  then He wouldn't be our Savior and perfect example. Obviously He wouldn't have been able to perform the Atonement if He wasn't perfect, but He wouldn't be Christ if He used His power for selfish reasons, if He tried to draw attention to Himself, or if He sought for wealth and power. It's just not Him. I don't know how else to describe it, but it really made it clear to me that all sin is just not Christlike. I love it when I can understand something in Jesus the Christ, haha.
 
Love you all and hope things are going well!
 
Alofa atu,
     Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment