Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 2, 2012

One Crazy Transfer!

Talofa Lava!
 
Um, yeah, transfers were kinda crazy. Well I got shifted to another part of Hamilton, still at the VC, and I'm with a Samoan sister, Sister Tovale and I was and am SO excited to serve with her. She is just so excited to do the work and such a hard worker. So yeah, I got with her Thursday morning, and then Friday afternoon, we found out one of the other sisters was going home for medical reasons, so we're actually now in a trio, and my second comp is Sis. Joost (from Magic Mountain, CA) but we still have to cover both of our areas. Sister Joost is covering Temple View Stake and we're covering two wards. And we're still trying to figure out our schedule at the VC. Thankfully our schedules this week dont' over lap at the VC, so when Sister Joost is at the VC, Sis Tovale and I go to our area, and when Sis Tovale and I are at the VC, one of us will go with her to her area. Still trying to figure out what to do after this week with our schedule because we have to have sisters on chat from 12-6, but we can't be on chat by ourselves, and there's another companionship at the VC, so yeah, crazy trying to figure out the schedule, but one day it'll work out. Thankfully we know it won't last past this transfer because Sister Joost is done after this transfer, but it'll be an interesting 6 weeks. I wondered if I would ever be in a trio, but I sure am glad to be with these two, glad we're all hard working and willing to pull our weight in this madness. But I feel like I've also got to be the one to remind everyone that it'll be okay and that we'll get it figured out. Someone's gotta keep the stress level down, and kind of ironic that I feel like that's my job, haha.
 
The only downside is that it doesn't make sense with distance to live in the flat Sister Tovale and I are in (which is quite big), so we're in Sis Joost's flat which is pretty tiny. No room for personal space! Haha, so I've got to go pack up my stuff from the flat I was in for 2 days, unfortunately I was able to unpack quite a bit.
 
Oh, and I am also the driver in our companionship and it was SO weird driving the first couple of days on the right side of the car. Turned the windshield wipers on about 100 times the first two days, I think I've got it figure out now.
 
But yeah, it's gonna be a crazy transfer. Our area needs a lot of help! Hopefully we can give it the attention it deserves. We have a couple we're teaching, they're 19 years old and living with her parents. She is SO ready to be baptized, but they dont' want to separate and her parents think they're too young to get married. Hopefully something works out because she knows it all and has such a strong testimony.
 
It'll definitely be a transfer to grow and learn a lot! It's been cool to see how I've mellowed out about somethings already, like somethings it really really is not worth it to get bothered about.
 
Ahh, I love the gospel and am so glad to be serving a mission! I can't believe how long I've been out, time is flying by! I was quite bothered when we were talking to an Indian guy on the street and he kept saying we need a live master, because I know that Christ lives! I am so incredibly thankful for the Atonement each and everyday! I know I hardly comprehend the Atonement, but I know we have more blessings from it everyday than we realize. The Church is true and I love it!
 
Love you all! Hope you have a good week! Alofa Atu!
 
-Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment