Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Anzac Day!

It's me again! Where to start...it was an interesting week, heaps of random, intersting stories, so I'll share just a few:
 
-met a 2 year old named "Third Nephi"
-Got introduced to the wonderful world of taro leaves! I don't know what it's really called, luaou or something like that. It's a samoan thing, it's just taro leaves and coconut cream or something, anyways, so good. Sister Tovale was so excited to eat with this Samoan family because she knew they'd make it.
-Back track to last week: I have felt so bad since I sent my email saying "ew" about all the sister missionaries wearing button-up shirts, I love sister missionaries that wear button-up shirts, I even have several...I'm just glad we don't have to wear them all the time anymore. We have PMG videos to watch during comp study, one district is obviously quite old b/c the sisters are always wearing button-up shirts and the other district they're way more trendy, ha.
-Referring to the picture: we went shopping last week, it was a dept store. I heard them announce Justin Bieber's new fragrance and that they have a lifesize cut out upstairs, & obviously I really wanted to go see it, but hadn't decided yet to go or not. Anywho, lost track of the other sisters ,so we went upstairs to look and look who was right by the escalator! How could I NOT get a picture? The only thing is, I'm pretty sure it's larger than life size--I dont' think he's taller than me. Sister Tovale even wanted a picture with him too.
-Long story short: we stopped by one house because we knew a former investigator lives there, there was a 7 year old boy out front and had a very entertaining conversation with him. He knew we were associated w/ temple lights, so he asked if it was Christmas, but he didn't know what month Christmas was in, so when I tried to explain that it's only April and Christmas is in December, he asked, "Is that 10 years away? 9 years? 7?" So then he was telling us where he lives and how to get there (30 min away) I was telling him that sounded like it was 2 years away. Then as we were getting to leave, he kind of screamed, "Can you just pray!!" He had asked us a couple times earlier to come in and pray, and apparently he really wanted it. We were in tears laughing at that point.
 
As for our spiritual experience of the week: we had an appointment with Sofele, but turns out he wasn't home, but his cousin, Viliami, who is a former investigator was, he's been to church a couple times, but not for the past several weeks. Anywho, we were talking with him on the doorstep, and then he randomly said, "Can you all come over next week so we can have bible study?" And then told us how he's been reading the Book of Mormon and praying. Then we invited him to come to church, and he said he would get a ride (which means he probably wouldn't come) and then we invited him to be baptized this Saturday, and he didn't say yes immediately, but he agreed to work towards that point, and then he was all of a sudden way keen to come to church and said, "Yeah, can yous find me a ride? And can you come stop by in the morning to make sure I'm awake? If I'm not, make one of my cousins wake me up!" And it was just really cool to see him soften up in the 30 minutes we were talking to him. Then we went over the baptismal interview questions and it turns out that he's been repenting and that he's ready. Unfortunately, when we showed up Sunday morning, he left a note for us saying he couldn't come b/c he didn't have any shoes, but we're gonna keep working with him and hope things go well!
 
We've been struggling to find new investigators and to have investigators keep their appointments, and working on getting the members to warm up to us! But something I feel I've been noticing in the past couple of weeks in my scripture study is to just keep working hard, stay positive, be patient, and the blessings will come. I felt that's a message I got out of General Conference, also from reading my patriarchal blessing in the temple a couple weeks ago, and we also had interviews with our Mission President last week and he reminded me of that...and I think the message has finally stuck. It obviously takes a couple times to stick in my head, and it also helps coming from my mission president.
 
This morning I studied about mercy and justice and I was just overwhelmed realizing how much mercy the Lord has shown me in my life because it's even mercy when He hears and answers our prayers, and I know that he has done so much more for me in my life, and I am just overwhelmed with gratitude for the Atonement and how much my undrestanding has grown as a missionary. My feelings this morning were "How can you not want to keep the commandments and share the gospel when you undrestand how much the Savior has done for us and how much mercy we receive from the Lord." I love the gospel!
 
As always, my letters are long and random. Hope you all have a good week! Love you!
 
Love,
     Sister Mullen
 
PS FINALLY got my VC name tag. I'm finally legit. Only took 3 orders and almost 4 months to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment