Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Transfer...results? (running out of titles)

Ni Hao! (is that how you spell it in english?)
 
I'll give you one guess where my companion's from...Hong Kong! She's pretty quiet, but it'll be fun to see her grow and cool to see how much I'll grow. I can already see how I'm being pushed out of my bubble even more because, well, somethings I just have to do if they're going to get done. And my goodness, it has been a long week. I almost feel like I'm the new missionary again. I've been so exhuasted every night. I'm still at the Visitors' Centre, got shifted to another area though, Temple View. We cover 8 wards. Actual Temple View itself is 97% LDS (from what I hear). 2 of the wards have boundaries that go a little bit out of Temple View (you won't really understand what I'm talking about until you see a map probably) and those are the two wards where most of the work is. We also cover a Tongan ward, yes! Haha, Ready for more islanders in my life. We showed up for Relief Society in the Tongan ward, and the Ward Mission Leader and another girl told us about non-members that were at church that day and I'm just excited to work with them! One girl in the ward actually served her mission with a girl I worked with at BYU. Small world. I got up in one ward to bear...bare...(I never know how to spell it) my testimony, and one member came up to me afterwards and said that he served part of his mission in Texas & then through in "it was El Paso..." I thought he was kidding and that maybe he heard I was from EP, but he really did serve in EP, the Albuquerqe, NM mission. He said everyone there thought he was Mexican (he's Samoan). Said he lived off Dyer and spent time at Fort Bliss. Such a small world. PS 7 hours of Church yesterday...Sundays are going to be long!
 
I was way sad to not be companions with Sister Tovale anymore, we had a lot of fun together. One transfer isn't long enough. I was also with Sister Magre for 2 days (she's from France) and I PRAY that I'll be able to serve with her sometime, she was way too funny! Even if she said my rainboots were funny looking and asked if they were real and if I wore them in public, hahaha. I think that's why last week was so long, I had 3 companions, and I've never been double shifted into an area except my first area, but I didn't know what was going on, and the area books aren't what they should be, so it's always fun putting the pieces together.
 
Not gonna lie, I was having a little stress attack when we were at transfers. So they had the trainers waiting outside the chapel to meet their trainees (I still didn't know who my companion would be at that point), and then we meet them, pretty have time to say "Hi" and then walk into the chapel. And I was starting to feel quite overwhelmed with the responsibility and the stress that was coming my way, but I was really able to feel Heavenly Father's love for me and that He called me to do this and knows exactly what's going on and that He's not going to leave me alone. I am so incredibly thankful for the experiences I've had on my mission where I've been able to feel Heavenly Father's love for me so strong and that He knows me personally and is aware of everything that I'm dealing with and experiencing and I am just so thankful to know that I'll never be alone. As hard as it is sometimes, I love being a missionary and I love seeing others apply the Atonement in their lives and witnessing amazing miracles! The Church is true! Love you! Can't want to talk to y'all! (everyone tells me I don't sound like I'm from Texas...I need to start saying "y'all" more I guess.)
 
Ofa Atu (a little bit of Chinese and Tongan for you in this e-mail),
    Sister Mullen
 
PS Attached a pic of the trainers...only because I'm the only palagi (I think that's how you spell it) sister and feel like I stick out like a sore thumb :) Can't wait to up to Auckland some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment