Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Boxing Day!

Merry Christmas in the states! Not gonna lie, it was weird talking half of you and saying you went to church today because I would think, "but it's Monday!" So some of this might be a repeat for those who I already talked to. We had our 2 baptisms on Saturday. It was a crizazy morning, but it all ended up going well. Long story short, we didn't have someone come to start filling up the font til 9:45, the baptism started at 11, & apparently it takes 1 hr & 45 min to fill the font, so Sister Perry and I were in the bathroom filling up buckets in the sinks to fill up the font faster. & one investigator was late. STRESS! But it happened. It's all good, & they were both so happy! It was such a fun day!

One thing I didn't tell anyone was that Sister Perry and I moved our mattresses into the living room for Christmas Eve so we could have a slumber party by the tree...and the slumber party happened again last night. Pretty sure we'll be having a slumber party all week :)

Christmas Eve the weather was beautiful! We went caroling that night with the Elders, but they didn't know any of the caroling songs like Rudolph, Up on the House Top, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, so they weren't much help. One is from NZ, one is from Australia, & they asked us, "is this something you do in the states?" They're a little out of the loop b/c it's not like any of the families we went and saw were confused or anything about what we were doing.

For Christmas we had only 2 feeds (thank goodness), the first family was a little awkward (leave it to the white people to be a little awkward, haha), the second family was way chill and fun. Definitely one of my favorite families in the ward. Karaoke was included, it was awesome. Obviously I need to try to be on my best behavior as a missionary because who knows who is watching us, but it was so fun to do something fun and not care what anyone thought. (Obviously singing is not my forte...I don't think it's a mystery that I'm better at Just Dance than High School Musical Sing It!, haha). Anywho, we were a little bit worried about how Christmas was just gonna be weird, but it ended up being so fun!

I hope you all had/have a good Christmas! Love you all! Talk to you next year! I can't believe it's the end of the year and I can't believe it's 2012. Craziness!

1st pic: Christmas morning. Complete with a singing Justin Bieber toothbrush. Ridiculous that exists. Awesome that it was one of my Christmas presents.

2nd pic: these are hats Sister Perry's parents sent us. Last minute, we decided to make little Christmas cards with this picture on them and decided to give them to some people in the ward. Everyone got a kick out of em, haha. This is how I will be remembered in Tauranga.

3rd pic: our two baptizees on Saturday. Yes, I dressed festively. And because I was wearing a white skirt, I felt like I was the girl wearing white on my friend's wedding day, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment