Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 30, 2012

"...Quentin L. Cook is from Cache Valley..."

(I doubt anyone else knows that song to help you remember the apostles in order, I learned it my last year and seminary, that's what Quentin L. Cook has said about him.) I think I said something last week, but we had a missionwide Conference last week and it was awesome! Awesome to be reunited with the missionaries I served with from Tauranga, & it was just a fun atmosphere being with so many missionaries. The chapel was PACKED with missionaries. The missionaries from the MTC came too, and we had Elder Cook, Tad R. Callister, Bishop McMullin from the presiding bishopric, & Elder Hamula & Elder Watson from our area presidency and all their wives and it was so good! They each got up and told us something to not forget or something to wrok on as a missionary and then Elder Cook talked for a bit and yeah, it was just a good meeting.
 
So now that the excitement of being somewhere new has died down, it's taking a little adjusting having so much down time being here at teh VC so much, but I had a cool experience while I was on chat the other day with a girl named Helen. She came on askinng questions about where in the Bible does it talk about our Heavenly Mother and the pre-mortal existence, she was getting ready for baptism last saturday and said these were holding her back, but apparently I was really able to help her and she said that she's asked other people but no one else has been able to explain them as well as I did. It just felt SO good to really help someone and to feel like she really did need to talk to me specifically.
 
So as I've been trying to finish the Book of Mormon in January, I finished the war chapters on Saturday and I have just come to love them! I used to not really enjoy those chapters because they were long and hard to follow, but I decided that the best way to read them is to just read them through them all at once so you can keep track (or at least try to!) of everything. I've also come to see how much you really can learn from them, I've come to LOVE the story of the strippling warriors and just love Moroni! He's just so hard core and so confident in the Lord!
 
Nothing else too exciting, I feel like the people are a lot more normal here than in Tauranga, haha, but at the same time we still meet our fair share of interesting people. We have two people getting ready for baptism this Saturday and are praying for miracles because we definitely need the Lord's help to make sure they're ready. Love you all!
 
Love,
    Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment