Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm Out Of Titles For This Week...

Kia Ora! (I'm actually starting to hear that a lot more here, haha) It has been a really good week! Even though it's been pretty chilly and quite rainy for being the middle of summer, it's still been good. First off: who knew that I would meet heaps of people from New Caledonia here in NZ? The only reason I've heard of New Caledonia before is b/c I think there's a song on Guitar Hero named that, maybe, haha. Anywho, there are tons of people here from New Caledonia for 3 weeks to go to the temple, kinda cool. It's been really cool as we've been contacting referrals we've got from people who came to see the lights, whether they were self referrals for memebers referring their friends (mostly self referrals) & they are defintiely some people who are prepared to hear about the gospel! One is a cousin of some less actives, but apparently she's been to church the last two weeks, we've only met her once, but she's getting ready to be baptized in 3 weeks! We met with two other people, one is a less active, but his partner is not, and we finally caught them at home yesterday and she said she's been waiting for us to come by because she really wants to read the Book of Mormon, I'm excited to have a lesson with them tonight. Another miracle is a guy that my comp met when we went on splits, he came to church yesterday, & we didn't have time to have lesson with him yesterday because we had church til 4, then followed up with some people, then had dinner, and then had to be at the VC from 6-9, but he was so anxious to meet with his, so he came up to the VC and we had a little lesson and he is just ready to leave his life of sin behind and to move on & he's set to be baptized in 3 weeks as well! We also have several YSA girls in one of our wards who are so willing to come out with us, it's been such a blessing! So we cover 3 wards, but only have half the time to proselyte, so we were able to go on splits b/c we have so many girls who are willing to come out with us! We also went on splits for half of the day yesterday so I could go to the Nawton ward at 11 and Sister Clark could go to the Dinsdale ward at 1, I've met like 3 people in the Nawton ward, and most of the investigators who were planning on coming to church, Sis. Clark met them when we were on splits, so I didn't know who to look for. Anywho, I was just walking along the back row of the chapel and introducing myself to everyone and standing at the door to meet more people and I just thinking how I would never ever ever do that in one of my BYU wards or anywhere for that matter, I decided that's something Ally would never do, but Sister Mullen can and does, haha, funny how some things completely different as a missionary.
 
It's different having so much free time at the VC, especially the first couple of days it was so slow, and so I was able to read lots of the Book of Mormon, which might have been the reason why I made it a goal to read the Book of Mormon 12 times this year, hahahaha, except now that things are picking up, I'm realizing that goal may not be so realistic, haha. Friday & Saturday we had weddings, so there were lots of people here. It was so fun to see the brides come out. & It really is such a blessing to be at the temple every day. Especially b/c the view from the VC, well the wall is pretty much all windows, so you just get to stare at the temple all the time and I love it! I love being able to have lessons here because we have so many resources to help us teach. We are so spoiled.
 
This week I was able to re-read Elder Bednar's talk on tender mercies from the second Conference he spoke at and I just LOVE that talk, and so I've really been looking for tender mercies we've been receiving everyday and I've been able to see how much the Lord really is involved in our day. Everything that happens to go just right is a tender mercy and I am so thankful for how much the Lord is willing to help us! So I hope you all are noticing the tender mercies throughout your day! Love you all!
 
-Sister Mullen
 
PS I attached some pics of the temple lights. Thankfully, we were here last night, we were able to see them one more time before they're done for the year (since it's been so slow this week, they didn't have any of us here at night to do tours).

No comments:

Post a Comment