Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Transfers!

Drum roll for the result of transfers....I'm in Hamilton at the VC! I got here just in time to see the lights for a couple of nights! So Sister Perry & I both got transferred out of Tauranga, I'm not okay with the fact that Elders are now in that area and they have a car and one of the flashest flats in the mission. They better take care of it, haha. So my new comp is Sister Clark, she's from Minnesota. So this past week, we've come into the VC at 9 & stay til 10:30, or go home earlier if they don't need us (we just do 15 minutes tours though the VC), have a slightly adjusted schedule b/c we don't go to bed til 11:30ish and so we can sleep in til 7:30ish. We cover 3 wards, slightly chaotic trying to keep track of names and what investigators are in what ward, but it'll be good. The wards are quite large, especially comapred to the ward and the branch we covered in Tauranga, but it just means heaps of fellowship! & from what I can tell, there are so awesome people who are willing to help us out. So we have more to choose from than 5 ladies in the ward, haha. Once again, I'm so spoiled, we are still in a car, and in one of the flashest flats in the mission. We even have a dryer AND an air conditioner--woot woot! No one has a/c or central heating here in NZ. So our schedule with the VC is we are online chatting for 2 hours a day, and then working in the VC for 3 hours, so it leaves very little time for proselyting, which means things are a little crazy, but we are so blessed to be able to fill up our limited time with appointments, and then on Saturdays, we're at the VC for 6 hours since it's usually busier on Saturdays. It's been pretty slow during the day since I've been here, so I've been watching heaps of mormon messages and "I'm a Mormon" videos to get familiar with things. NZ is one of 2 VCs were we have this little exhibit where you can watch the I'm a Mormon videos. They've got an iPad, and you just go through it to pick what you want, and then watch it on the TV right there, it's pretty cool. I've only been on chats once, but I had some cool experiences. Some people are dumb (inevitably) like tryig to ask me out b/c I "seem like a girl with a good head on her shoulder", but then one girl was talking to me about how she doesn't feel ready for her baptism in 2 weeks, and it was cool to be able to talk to her. I've never really shared my testimony while chatting, but it's fun! haha, & while we're on chat, we can also go anywhere on mormon.org or lds.org to look up videos or articles or talks to send to them. I hardly feel like a missionary sometimes, haha. Oh! & one of the couples here are from Clinton, UT. I remember Uncle Greg telling me he knew someone was going there, but he didn't know their name, I think they're from Aunt Dianne's neighboring ward or something. & They also lived in EP for 6 weeks because they were adopting a baby from Juarez (I've never heard of that before, haha). With access to show much here at the VC, I hardly feel like a missionary sometimes, haha. Like being able to watch videos online and stuff. It's quite different b/c it is so slow and we're not always on the go, but it's fun. I've already had a cool experience with this girl who came in. She's living with a less active member, and knows so much about the church, but has been wanting to come to the VC for ages and finally made it!
 
So our miracle of the week was actually Thursday night, a few hours after I got here, we were walking down the street, Sister Clark saw a door open, so we went and talked to the lady there, & she invited us in right away. We taught her a little lesson, made plans to come back on Saturday. On Saturday, we finished the Restoration, taught her about chrch, and she was so excited to come! We asked her why she let us in on Thursday, and she said, "I don't know, I never do that!" But she is golden and so ready! The Spirit was so strong at the end of the lesson, I just knew it was right to invite her to be baptized in 3 weeks, so I did, and she said yes! Holla! She came to church, loved it, and really connected with the members we asked to pick her up. We found out yesterday after church that she is living with someone though, so we'll have to work on getting her married or moving out, but she's so ready I know it's all going to work out!
 
It was actually really sad leaving Tauranga and saying bye to Chrissie who just got baptized, and some of the members, but I'm excited to be in a new area! Love you all and hope you have a good week!
 
Love,
    Sister Mullen
 
PS I took a picture of the lights, but forgot my camera cord, so I'll send it to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment