Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

...well I think it's sprung. We had beautiful weather this week. I feel like I'm giddy like it's Christmas time. It's weird though, I feel like the weather hasn't changed that much in the past year which is why I think it's so hard to realize how long I've been out. 

This week was pretty good. We've been able to find people to teach and it's felt SO good. Like I was talking to my District Leader, I don't feel like I did anything different, I just felt like it was the Lord's timing...and I definitely have learned somethings in the process.

Highlights of the week:
-At dinner with a family last week, it came up that I'm studying ME, so then the jokes went on and on (what's new) and I had it re-confirmed to me how much of I nerd I am. He was showing me the calculator on his iPhone and how when you turn it sideways, it becomes a scientific calculator, and I just realized how long it's been since I've held/used a calculator...and I kind of miss it. I admitted that I know that it is one of the most socially awkward majors out there.
-Things went so well this week that we actually went on splits so that we could be at 2 wards that met at the same time (woot woot!). Anyway, we had just pulled up to the chapel and one ward was coming out, and I hear my temporary companion say, "Oh my gosh, the little boy is peeing." And I look up and see a 2 or 3 year old with his pants down peeing on the flower bed. It was actually the stake president's son. I DIED laughing. Seriously.

Highlight of the week was definitely mission conference. It just feels so good to be around so many missionaries, even though I hardly know anyone. You live in a bubble when you serve at the VC, and all the other missionaries I have served with have gone home. Anyway, we had Elder Christiansen (Seventy...presidency of the seventy...somesing like that) and Elder Pearson (in the area presidency) and they're wives for 4 whole hours and it was the best! I couldn't write fast enough. They talked a lot about becoming a true disciple of Christ (3 Nephi 5:13) and letting these experiences becoming you and a part of you, or just going through the motions. I feel like I was really able to reflect on how much I've needed these experiences as a missionary. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I also had no idea how much I needed this. I don't know how I would have been able to face the rest of my life without being here. They also talked about how you find yourself when you lose yourself in the service of others, and it's so true. And the hardest times are when I'm thinking too much about myself. I guess I just realized how much my mission means to me, and I just can't put it into words. I'll be honest, I feel like an email home once a week is just not doing justice of the experiences I've had...but at the same time, you just wouldn't understand unless you were here.

It was a great week and we've got some great potential investigators coming our way. Like a boy we met who has been coming to church every other week with his friends, but the member dad didn't know how to introduce the missionaries to them (beat them to it!), but I just feel like I can't put into words what happened this week and I feel like I don't know what to share. Learning heaps ever week. Trying to take it all in because it's going by so fast. I feel like I'm just speechless at this point. The end. 

Love y'all heaps!
      Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment