Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Wet New Zealand Winter

Kia Ora!
 
    I feel like the beginning of the transfer was going so slow, but now things are starting to pick up again. We had a good chat this week, don't know how it all started or anything, but we go into being saved by grace or by works. I've studied this so much and still don't have an answer that satisfies anyone, but at the same time, they have to be willing to receive the answer. So we got into judgement and all that stuff, and I spent a while trying to find a scripture in the Bible to satisfy her, but as I was looking through PMG, realized that almost all the scriptures for the Plan of Salvation were in the Book of Mormon. Realized how important the Book of Mormon is to teach us this plan, and I knew the Plan was important to teach to help the investigators understand why we need to be baptized and what we're working for, but I felt like it was the least important of them all because none of the Baptismal Interview Questions come directly from that lesson, but having this chat I realized why really do need to teach it...to clear things like being saved purely by grace up. Also, how important the Book of Mormon is. I finally started using scriptures from the Book of Mormon because that's what I'm here to do, to teach her the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon...not so much the Bible.
 
Saw the YSA from the Tongan ward and realized how much I miss them. Especially when they sang at the fireside last night. We sang a hymng from the Tongan hymnbook today for comp study and I said, "Why do we ever sing from the english hymnbook? They're so boring!" haha, I met a YSA from the Tongan ward for the first time last night. I knew who he was, but never officially met and he was trying to give me hard time for not knowing his name. Cheeky. And I asked why he goes to the Tongan ward because I remember him getting up to speak one time and he said, "I'm Tongan...but my Tongan is not so good." So he gave his talk in English. He said the Bishop is his Uncle. And then he said he should probably go to the English ward because he can't understand anything, but he loves the singing. I completely agree!
 
So we have this recent convert, Silvana, she's from Belgium and is the best. She got baptized when I was in the trio in march, so I was at her baptism. She was a miracle, got baptized 3 weeks after meeting the missionaries and is a dream come true of an investigator. She had surgery on her back and for a couple weeks she couldn't sit down for more than 20 minutes, she missed the first week of church after her surgery, but she was there the next week even though she had to stand for almost all of church and she said, "My Sunday just doesn't feel complete without church!" Oh my, we need her attitude to rub off onto the members. She was asking if there's anything she can do to help others without having a calling...I've been asking the ward mission leader every week to make sure she gets a calling & I'm frustrated with how nothing has happened yet. She's practically begging for a calling!!
 
So I was talking to an investigator and I asked how old she is, she's 20, and then I realized how old 22 is. That's a legit adult...which I am far from being. I'm the baby in the family and always will be...I still think I'm 19 or something sometimes. It was a sad realization yesterday how old I really am.
 
Those are my tales of the week. As I was flipping through our "Miracle Book" that we all got at Christmas (where everyone wrote in a miracle they've had) & realized how this really is a mission of miracles. Love it. Especially since it's so hard for Americans to get here now. What a blessing to be here! Love it. Love you all!
 
Ofa atu,
      Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment