Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Jealous

Yep, jealous of y'all going to the lake. But then again, Mom, Dad & I went to Hawaii without Megan, haha, still can't believe we did that. The price of being a missionary.
 
Trying to keep my letters short. I feel like I have so many thoughts lately, but most of them no one else cars about, ha. That's nothing new coming from me.
 
We had some REALLY good lessons with a new investigator, Janelle. Don't know if I've already mentioned her. This is how we met her: we had a preach by the way, talking to a lady on the street outside a kindy (day care) and she just blew up at us. Born Again Chrsitian and was trying to tell us what we believe and to check our archives under the utah temple and how when they don't know what to pray about ,they pray in tongues, like it says in the Book of Abraham...I was SO Confused and still am. What book of Abraham is she talking about? Praying in tongues? Anywho, I was just frsutrated after talking to her and I just wanted to leave, but then we saw Janelle and I knew I needed to talk to her to get that nasty taste out of my mouth from the last lady, and Janelle gave us her address and phone number. We had good lessons teachign her the Restoration and Plan of Salvation. Tuesday she had already set the alarm on her phone to get up for church on Sunday and she went and bought a new skirt. And after walking out of each of her lessons, I was just on a high. it's been a while since I've had that feeling. And I was trying to compare it to anything I've felt before the mish, and I couldn't. There really is a different reward and satisfaction that comes from missionary work. As I read in the intro to PMG today, "More happiness awaits you than you have ever experiences as you..." go on a mission, or something like that. Anyway, yep, missionary work is happiness. We spoke about missionary work and it was good fo rme to realize how much I do love this work and how I've come to understand how important missionary work is.
 
So yesterday, we show up to the Tongan ward, no pianist so I offer to play, but 2 of the 4 hymns they were singing were Tongan hymns that I've never herad before, they weren't too bad to play, but I had no idea how fast they were. One I started playing way too fast. And then they add a lot of notes that aren't written, so the first verse I was confused sometimes, but it all worked out. Never, especially before putting in my mission papers, did I think I would be playing the piano for foreign hymns in a foreign speaking ward. We sat on the front row, and the chorister was mouthing to me that there wer going to be three speakers and then we would sing again. I know I always comment on how loud they sing, ESPECIALLY on the Tongan hymns (I mean the ones that aren't translated from English) and the closing hymn was especially loud yesterday. Almost hurting my ear drums. Love it.
 
Saw a wedding on Saturday, and I saw heaps of girls wearing heels and I realized that almost every girl here wears heels...even platforms. And I was glad to see that my heels will still most likely be in style when I get home, And I was thinking "Oh yep, I can wear my 5 inch heels. 5 inch heels? Did I really buy those?" Ha. I surprise myself sometimes. PS Dont' think I've mentioned how much I love seeing the wedding on the weekends :)
 
I decided I need to stop thinking about things too much...and then I caught myself thinking too much about how to stop thinking too much about things. Fail.
 
Sis Chan has crazy Chinese medicines/lotions for everything. I said how my calves were sore after doing jumping jacks on morning, she had a lotion for it, I had bug bites, she had one lotion stuff that didn't do much, but then later she gave me a magic lotion for it that made the bite disappear in minutes, and then I was saying how my back was hurting in a weird way like I slept wrong or something, and she jokingly said, "Want a lotion for that?" Too funny.
 
Love the Book of Mormon! I haven't been reading it a whole lot lately because I've been wanting to read more from the New Testament, but as I've been looking things up in there lately, I realized how much I miss it. My testimony constantly grows of how important it is to read the Book of Mormon everyday. There really is power in its words!
 
So much for being a short email. Love yous!
 
Ofa atu,
    Sister mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment