Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

It's July. But it's cold here. Ready for Christmas again.
 
Well this week was good but bad, my emotions are kind of all over the place. Bad when it came to the number of lessons we had. Just struggling to set up  lessons with our investigators. People are starting to avoid us. We had this one girl who was golden, but now everything she does depends on what her partner wants to do, but we're hoping to start teaching him, so hopefully he jumps on board. Struggling to find new people to teach. This area is just so different from anywhere else I've been. And the wards are all huge as (I decided I need to start using "as" more to make Danny happy.) and I feel like I still hardly know anyone. That's what I miss about covering smaller areas, just having a more personal relationship with the memmbers. So at church yesterday I was happy and determined to be happy no matter how bad our week was, and then when time came to report our numbers for the week, I think that's when it hit me and I wasn't so happy. But had a good study this morning to get me back on track. What a tender mercy that I decided to re-memorize D&C 58:2-4 this weekend, "For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven. Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation. For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand." I know the Lord has a plan, and sometimes I really wish things went better, but just as long as I'm doing what I can. I have no reason to feel bad.
 
Something different this week though was that we had a mission wide sister trade off. We all thought they were making it to be a WAY bigger deal than it really was. We were still doing missionary work, it was just with a different companion. Like it was transfers again. The best part was that I got to see Sister Perry again. She got shifted down here to Hamilton, and I'm sure both of us would have bet money that she never would have made it to Hamilton. Anyway, I was actually with her companion for a day, Sister Bunting, just got here after waiting in Vegas for her Visa for 3 months. She's from Pleasant Grove and it was fun to be with her. Not an amazing day, I wish I could have counted how many times the Zone Leaders asked us, "Are you excited?" ...about these trade offs. So yep, got to see Sister Perry this week, just about died. Love that girl so much. We said that we were like a married couple trying to break us up when we had to say bye. And the same thing again last night after a fireside that we had. I told her I was trying to contain my excitement to see her, but neither one of us could. I think everyone just knows that we're bestest friends.
 
So we had a deep as chat online last week with a guy. He was going into the Godhead, and it's a question I've had before, but still don't know exactly how to answer it, so if anyone has any knowledge or insights, please share! He was going into how we believe they're all separate beings, but we worship Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and we believe that Christ is A god, too. But the 10 commandments tell us to only worship one God. I know that they're "three separate beings, but united in purpose." And we tried explaining that to him, but it wasn't doing any good. So if anyone has a good way to explain that, share the love.
 
Hope you all have a good week!
 
Ofa atu,
     Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment