Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Don't Turn Down Food From A Tongan

Malo e lelei!
 
Umm..I LOVE TONGANS!!!! We had a baptism on Saturday, Josie. She's been waiting for her husband to get the Melchizedek priesthood and she's so cute and so solid and it was a good baptism. Miracle it happened. Miscommunications. THe Bishop didn't find out til THursday nighta bout the baptism, and then he said because the family hadn't talked to him, he wasn't planning on it happening. Phone calls made, he agreed to come. Miracle it happened, but at least he's willing to move on. Yes, I know I messed up and I don't need the elders subtly hinting about the lessons I need to learn from that miscommunication.  Thank you very much! :)
 
So I told some of you about this Tongan family we started teaching, family of 9. And we set the 3 youngest kids for baptism last Monday, getting baptized on June 10 w/ the member's daughter they know, she's 8. Then we had a lesson at the VC, talked to the two daughters who are 13 & 18...set them for next Sunday too!!! THEN at church, Bishop wanted to talk to us after Sacrament Meeting (I was a little scared abouthe baptism the night before) but he called us in to tell us that some grandparents had their son & his fam move down from Auckland and they want their 10 yr old baptized next week too! We got permission from our Mission President because he'll only have been to church twice (the mission rule is 3 times) & our mission president asked,"Now does everyone know? Does the bishop know?" Yes, yes he does. Ha. I hate messing up. But lesson learned! Our Bishop was excited AS about all these baptisms. Their ward goal for the year is 20. Ahh, I just love Tongans. I love the family too, the Ongosias. Just love all of the kids. Especially the 8 year old. Especially about him telling us his older brother used to have his hair cut like Justin Bieber. Last night I kept telling Sis Chan how excited I was. Seriously. Giddy. And I kept telling her like every 5 minutes. Ahhh! It's the best. We finally had a hymn book too yesterday so we could sing along w/ the Tongan hymns. I think that little ward sings louder than one of our palagi wards that is 3 times the size. Ha. We're trying to learn Tongan...I can say the Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ...have a long way to go!
 
Things are getting better with my companion, I feel like a lot of it is me chillng out and not stressing so much, but her personality is coming out more and it's just been fun! I'm afraid we won't be together another transfer, but still love her anyway! Her mum sent a 10 kg package of food to her...we have HEAPS of instant noodles, love it.
 
K, we're off to go to bridal veil falls again. Love you all! (Of course I actually get letters the week we're in a hurry, ha)
 
OFA ATU!
Sister Mullen
 
PS we were at the Tongan family's house, the Ongosias. And she was giving us food for dinner and a whole cake she bought. I was trying to turn it down for her family to enjoy it and the mum got sad and said, "well i bought it for yous." Okay, okay! We'll take it!! Give it to us! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment