Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 5, 2012

I love sunshine!

Kia Ora!
 
Hope you're all had a good week! Our week has been pretty good except for the fact that in one day, I got sunburned in the morning, and then that night winter and it's rainstorms moved in for the next 3 days, thankfully summer came back today and we enjoyed a lovely p-day at the Hamilton Gardens (pictures to prove) & some touch with the elders & some members from their ward. The gardens were a little disappointing, I was excited to see flowers b/c all you see is green here in NZ, but the flowers were in sad shape. PS Touch is touch rugby, no tackling. At first Sis. Clark and I were quite hesitant, but it ended up being a lot of fun, even if the guys are still way better than us. I'm slowly learning more of the rugby rules. Once again, Sister Clark and I were saying how we're glad we're in a different district b/c it was just a lot more fun playing with the elders today (even if they are quite dumb sometimes) as opposed to our p-day last week w/ all the sisters.
 
So this week has been good. Our friend Josh who is quitting the word of wisdom is doing great, even though he's getting so sick, he's still going so strong and still came to church for at least Sacrament Meeting. We're also working with a part member family (the dad isn't a member) & he's made a huge turn around since the first time I met him the first week I got here. He has opened u so much more and we're working towards him getting baptized on the 17th, just gotta help him & his wife have the faith b/c she's saying that no one thinks he'll be ready that soon.
 
Something I've been studying a lot lately is Peter denying Christ 3 times because I've been so confused about why he did that and how he didn't know what he was doing! But I read an article by Pres Hinckley about how we do the same sometimes in our daily lives, we say we'll be so committed to living the gospel, but then make mistakes or do things that deny our testimony. But we just need to follow Peter's example b/c he became the leader of the church and did so much after Christ died! Love you alll! Hope you have a good week!
 
-Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment