Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wet, wet, wet...as

Hey, did you know it rains a lot in New Zealand? Let's be honest, I feel like I just type to a computer screen and it gets sent to a black hole. And then I freak out sometimes thinking of the things I said in a letter when I think of people actually reading it. Like how I felt like my letters at the beginning were all about food...it's obviously called the 40 kg mission for a reason....

Hmm...it was a long week. Obviously Heavenly Father has lots for me to learn right now. I thought I was doing a good job at staying happy even though things aren't so great, but then we had a companion study with some elders and they said they could feel the load we have as we started telling them how we hardly have anyone to teach. Dang it. I hate how I feel like some people can read me like a book. Still more to learn little Sister Mullen.

Obviously the best thing about the week was Zone Conference. Started off with a musical number...performed by yours truly. Ugh. I rememberd I'm not a performer. Anywho, that was painfully over soon enough. President Lekias was pretty cheeky at this conference and was making jokes all over the place, it was pretty funny. A cool experience he helped us to have was that he was talking about the Atonement and then towards the end of it, he asked us all to notice the Spirit that was there, and obviously it was pretty nice and he just mentioned the Spirit that comes as we talk about the Atonement. And I, once again, had the reminder of how important it is to not lose sight of the Atonement and how we should never leave a situation without mentioning Jesus Christ. I feel like I learned how the Atonement can really turn our weaknesses into strengths and how thinking of Christ and trying to be like Him really is the answer for everything. I had some questions of how to handle situations differently or other things I'm working on, I just feel like Christ was the answer for everything. He also talked about how if we are motivated by Christ, then our leaders won't have to be on us to do certain things and to talk to more people during the week...we'll just do it. Which is so important to remember because sometimes I just get too caught up thinking about having to talk to my district leader at night and tell him what we did or didn't do, but just as we keep our thoughts focused on the Savior, it really will help so much.

Oh, good news, our new VC director's will FINALLY be coming in two weeks. They were supposed to be here in January after the old ones left, but they've had serious visa problems. Perfect timing because the fulltime couple, the Hardys,  that was asked to step up to the job (they were just called to be a fulltime VC couple), they're finishing in about 3 weeks. I'm going to miss the Hardy's so ridiculously much. I definitely needed them here to help me through some times. They live in Clinton, so thankfully I know I'll see them again. Funny to think of the people I had to come meet in New Zealand.

I watched a video about Matthew Cowley and it is amazing to hear stories of when he was hear as a missionary and as a mission president. One time he just got in a car and started driving, not knowing where he was going, and he met two ladies at a shop and when he got there, one of them said, "See, I told you he'd come if we waited here." And it was a couple hour drive to get to were those ladies were. Craziness.

Well that's it folks. I can't believe it's the end of August. I can't believe I've been out this long. Where is my life going?!

Love,
     Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment