Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Half Way Official

So like the first week I got to the VC, I ordered a nametag that says "New Zealand Temple Visitors' Centre" under my name, and I FINALLY got it last week at transfers and was SO excited for it, because that's what I get excited about, new name tags, and then I opened it...& was as depressed as I was excited. The nametag was a pocket one, which I have no way to wear. But I ordered a clip one, so hopefully it gets here soon.
 
I can't believe I've already had a whole transfer here at Hamilton! This past 6 weeks flew by! & yep, I'm still in Hamilton, still with Sister Clark--bring on the new transfer! One change though is that we changed the district we're in, so instead of 3 sister companionships and 1 set of elders, we'll be with 2 or 3 sets of elders. I'm excited for the change, elders just keep things exciting and more interesting.
 
So we had a baptism this week, woot woot! And the more we spend time with this girl, the more I see how we would be legit friends even if I wasn't a missionary. I just love how she has no shame and does dorky things. She was SO excited for her baptism and after her confirmation, it was so fun. Right after she got baptized, still in the font, she threw her fist in the air and said, "Yeeah!" Probably not the most appropriate,but I loved it because it was so her.
  
We had a lesson with one guy, covered in tattoos, has "HELL" across his knuckles, pretty nice and chatty guy. His son has cerebal palsey, he actually didn't let us talk a whole lot except when I just butted myself in and didn't let him interrupt me, but when we were getting ready to leave, he told us, "You two are freakishly the most interesting messengers I've ever met." uhhh...thank you?
 
This happened a couple weeks ago on chat, I was feeling like being fun and saw that I was chatting with Eduardo from Mexico, so I said, "Hola Eduardo!" And he said, "That's racist...I'm German." I never found out if he was serious or not, but it'll probably be a while before I do something like that again, haha.
 
So our mission president wants us all to have a 5 minute talk on the Atonement and then another on the Plan of Salvation incase we randomly have to get up to speak in Sacrament Meeting, and as I've been working on improving mine, it's been fun to learn new things even though I feel like I'm forever away from being able to understand the Atonement. But one thing that stuck out to me that I learned this week, from reading an Ensign article by Elder Holland, was that we have unconditional gifts from the Atonement, like resurrection, and then we have conditional gifts that are dependent on our faithfulness, but even the "conditional" gifts aren't really earned by ourselves, they're still given freely by the Savior and His grace. I know that we are all blessed more than we realize every single day because of the Atonement and I know that it is the most important even that has and ever will happen in the history of mankind. I am so thankful for my Savior and all that He was willing to sacrifice for each and everyone of us!
 
Hopefully I have more to tell you next week, love you all!
 
-Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment