Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Go All Blacks!


Oh heyyy!

I'm sure you've all been wrapped up in the Rugby World Cup, oh wait, I didn't even know that happened til I got here. & I also didn't know the US even sent a team to the Rugby World Cup. And so I'm sure you all know the All Blacks won! Woot woot! The game didn't start til 9, so it finished after we went to bed, and like 10 min after we were in bed, we heard 3 gun shots, and we figured the All Blacks won. And they did. 8-7 against France. Dad informs me about what's going in the states, so I'll inform you all about what's going on in NZ. We called some members this morning and they were all singing in the back around and cheering because the All Blacks won. Also, almost everyone here has All Blacks flags are their car too. Kinda fun how excited everyone is/was!

So this week has been good, the weather is warming up and feeling really nice & I love it! It's been hard finding people to teach and being able to set up a second appointment with some of our investigators, but we're trying! That's in Tauranga, but things are going great in Katikati. I wish we could stay out there for like a week. The memebers are awesome as well! There's this TOngan family out there who I just absolutely love! & their mum served a mission as well, so we loves us too and is so willing to help us out! Friday we had a bunch of appointments set up and it just feels so good when we have a productive day. We have this one investigator that we met knocking doors and she is so ready. After teaching her about the Restoration, she said it all makes sense.  She was also so excited to get her own copy of The Book of Mormon and said how she had been wanting to read it. The struggle is getting her to church, and also how she doesn't like to give her cell phone number out. So we can't call her, and we only go out to Katikati twice a week, so things are moving along very slowly with her. We also had 2 appts with some Indian ladies, & I don't know why, but those appts made me really nervous. I think because I dont' know what to expect, and it's hard teaching people who arent' Christian, but all Indians are so willing to have anyone come in and talk religion with them and will agree with anything you throw at them. We taught a mum and an 8 year old daughter. & they're actually going/learning from Jehovah's Witnesses at the same time too, haha, but they're not practicing it hard out I don't think. We showed up Sunday morning to see if they were coming to church, the mum wasn't coming, so she just sent her 8 year old daughter with us. (Who does that??) Thankfully they're just down the street from the chapel so we could walk there since we can't give her a ride. We had a lesson later that afternoon with the mum and clarified a bunch of things. I don't know much about JW's, but I know they're not Christian, but they make it sound like the understand more about Christ and the Atonement than they really do. And saying that Christ is the son of God, but obviously they call God Jehovah, and it came out that the mum really just believes that Christ was a good person who taught good things. Anywho, it's hard unteaching what they believe so we can teach them the truth. But they're both so sweet, and I think there is lots of potential with them!

So I read Alma 26 this week and just absolutely loved every single verse. It's where Ammon is going off about how much success they've had, but Aaron calls him about for boasting of himself, but then Ammon goes off about how he's only boasting about his God who has given them so much success and I just love how he truly recognizes how everything good that has happened to them has come from the Lord and he is so ridiculously happy that he can't stop talking about how amazing God is and has been to them. I know I can definitely work more on recognizing the Lord's hand in my life every day.

Hope things are going well in "the states." I love you all!

Love,
     Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment