Addresses:

July 27-Aug 24:
Sister Allyson Mullen
MTC Mailbox # 205
NZE-AUC 0824
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Aug 24-Dec 2012 (letters only! ...if you feel so inclined to send me a package half way across the world, talk to my sister):
New Zealand Auckland Mission
P.O. Box 33-840
Takapuna, North Shore City 0740
New Zealand
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 5, 2011

I Have Lost All Respect For Hershey's

So, good or bad, I have discovered how amazing cadbury really is. The eggs just don't do the name justice! Sister Perry introduced me to morro bars (no idea how to spell that) but there's this fudge stuff instead w/ "biscuit" bits and caramel outside the the fudge and then covered in chocolate. So like a twix, but a million times better. Sister Perry said she wished she could have recorded me taking my first bite and that it should have been a commercial. It was amazing!! So I finally had tim tam slams and my life will never be the same again. I was quite hesitant to get the white chocolate ones b/c chocolate was not meant to be white, but S. Perry said they were delish, so we did, and they are reall ygood by themselves, but even better with hot chocolate on the inside melting everything and then you put the cookie in your mouth and it's just a mouthful of rich, chocolately goodness!! We also got a Memphis ice cream bar from one of the members..amazing! It had toffee bits in the ice cream and the ice cream was amazing, my goodness, they sure do have aamzing desserts here! Speaking of food, We had another meal at a member's house this week (Sis Rudo makes us soup and what not and brings it over to us, but this was the 2nd time we ate at a member's) and we were eating at 4, so the rest of her fam wasn't eating and there was probably enough food on the table for 10 ppl. Fried chicken, this crab salad thing (which I actually ate and actually kinda liked), pizza, bread (Bread and butter is served at every meal here), tarrow (prettly bland potato like things w/ coconut cream on top) and two other plates I can't really describe and a huge bowl of cake, fruit (they love their canned fruit on desserts) w/ this strawberry cheescake ice cream and I felt like I was going to explode afterwards! PS the ice cream here is really good too. I'm pretty sure Kurt would like it a lot more than Blue Bell, haha, the flavors are pretty rich. Oh, and they also have all sorts of sweet potatoes here, but they call it kumara and I had one and it was so good. We bought a different kind and I'm excited to try it out. So some random thigns about NZ: they have switches for all the plugs. THe only appliance you leave plugged in all the time is the fridge. And there aren't many plugs in our flat. No plugs in the bathroom, and I have one in my room. Yeah, so I'll have to invest in a battery alarm clock after I'm not w/ Sis Perry.Oh, and everyone parks half on the curb b/c there is hardly any room on the street. Not a bad idea! haha, and b/c it's NZ, the grass is still super green even though everyone drives all over it. So the pictures I attached are, let me remember, haha, umm...I think one is of Sister Perry and I. We had lunch by, I don't even know what to call it, the ocean? one day, the sun is right behind us, and we jsut had to put the camera on the car, another is of York Park down the street from us. Kind of beautiful. We walked there one morning, and then I think the other is just anothe picture of the area where we ate lunch. It's in Katikati and has a cute little bench right there and trees all over the place! Oh wait, I didn't attach that picture. I think the other one is just of huge trees next to the road b/c there are trees everywhere!
 
Funny story: So Sis. Perry played the piano, and she thinks that everyone who plays the piano has an ear and can sing, uh ,not in my case. So sometimes she sings the alto part and I have a hard time keeping the soprano part in the same key when I don't have any music, so we were singing Hope of Israel w/ one of our investigators, and S. Perry told me to hold the soprano part, and she started singing alto and I lost it and couldn't find the notes, so we were trying to control our laughter during our opening hymn. No bueno! I can sing fine if a piano is playing, but not so much a capella! haha
 
Oh, and can someone email me a picture of our kitchen if you have one of anyone in there? I was describing it to S. Perry and she said, "When I hear rainbow colors, I think hippie." So I was doing my best to explain we're not hippies, haha, but she's still curious. And no one told me where Grandpa lived in Holland? Dad? I'm sure you can tell me.  Oh, and in 2 weeks we get to speak in the Katikati branch about the Law of Chastity. We met one of the counselors, and he told us 20 min each on Chastity, but then made it sound like he was joking, but then we saw him after church and it really is just us 2 speaking on the Law of Chastity ( I had the pleasure of teaching it to one of our investigators this week, thankfully he's all for it and it wasn't too awkward on my part, haha) so if anyone could copy and paste some talks for me in an email that would be fab, or if you have any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I gots Preach My Gospel and the scritpures right now. And I can't get on anyother websites or use any other books besides the mission library (so I'll have to wait to read A Marvelous Work and A wonder after I get back). Speaking of, we went to talk to this old man who's been talking to missionaries for 50 years and pulled that book out and also told us about silver plates, which we were kind of confused, but I feel like I hears something about that in Seminary w/ Sis. Johns. So does anyone know if Lehi wrote on silver plates at all?
 
So onto the good stuff, we found records of this 23 yr old guy, Ash, that the sister had taught once before, and we met up with him and he is amazing. He seriously is the model of the choicest investigator. The sisters hadn't committed him to read the Book of Mormon, but he was alreadly in Jacob and clearly understanding it and loving it all. And he hasn't read the bible, which blew my mind that he's read the BofM so much. And he read the pamphlet they left him on the REstoration, so he already knew about the Aaronic and Melchizedek priesthood. And he came to church yesterday w/ his precious 2 yr old son and loved it all! We dropped by randomly Sunday night, and he the Gospel Principles book in his hand. & he drank alcohol and tea, not THAT much, but the second we told him about the WofW, he hasn't drank anything since. And he even fasted yesterday, and wants to make it a goal to bear his testimony in Sacrament Meeting. Seriously. Golden! And I feel so blessed to be working with him! He has so much faith and everything makes so much sense to him! We're actually going to hike Mt. Maunganui w/ him and the elders in our area today and I'm so excited! The weather is PERFECT today. He's getting ready to be baptized on the 24th and is just so excited about it all. So we committed him to baptism the first time we met him, and I've heard of that happening, but just didn't know how it was possible, but he was so ready the first time we met him! We're always on a high after we talk to him b/c he is just so good and so ready to be baptized!
 
Well I think this has been long enough, I love the gospel, I love being a missionary, I love working with Sis Perry. I'm slowly getting more comfortable in lessons and talking more and bringin out my personality. Love yous! (Yes, they say "yous here) Talk to y'all next week!
 
Love, Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment